sunnuntai 17. elokuuta 2008

Sergei gunsight


Sometime this summer i bought a WW2 style reflector gunsight from russian 23mm anti-aircraft gun "sergei". It cost something like 25€ or so, and i decided it's cool for some reason. I might use it in my simpit project later. I managed to get IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles running perfectly on wine. Possibly i could fly IL2 in fullscreen mode and use the hardware gunsight.. that would be cool :)

The gunsight is missing a light source to light up the reticle. It is visible if the sight is pointed to light but i want to add a real lightbulb so that it's bright always. I just noticed, that the cap on Pisang Ambon bottle fits the lamp socket perfectly.. I'll have to drink it away and mount the lamp in the cap. I'll post more when there is progress.

Gunsight reticle with Maglite as light source.

Ei kommentteja: